No Cpu Fan/heatsink Voltage Out Of The 3-pin Mb Connector?? Cpu Cooling Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny916

Solid State Member
Hi, my CPU FAN is not running at all no more. I recently replaced it with a new one and it still didn't work. I figured out there was no voltage coming out of the CPU fan outlet on the motherboard so here's what I did. Tell me if this is safe or not??!

I was able to get the CPU fan running by plugging it into the chipset fan connector.. It was 3-pin as well so the CPU fan/heatsink plugged right into it. But I'm wondering how safe that solution is going to be?? I checked the PC health status in the bios and the temp of the CPU is around 41 degree's F.

I was told I can always opt for a power supply unit>>CPU-fan converter if that cooling solution is not going to be sufficient.
Please let me know.

What kind of CPU is it? Anyways just watch it and dont let its load temp hit 50c+ And you can get one of them converters and plug it directly into the PSU so it will run at its max RPM at all times, but it will be loud.....

The PSU adapters have a wire coming off of it to connect to the motherboard, I don't know if it limits the speed of the fan as I never connected mine to the motherboard, I have my 4 case fans connected to the PSU, all hidden away.

Are you sure that is in Farenheit?? I don't know the exact conversion to Celsius, but that must be only a couple of degrees above freezing. Do you live in Alaska?

There shouldn't be a problem using the chipset fan connector.

Oops no it's running at about 50 degree's C in the bios. So I'm assuming it's running much higher while running applications.
What should be the normal specs of the CPU temperature while Windows XP is running with applications open??
Is there a program I can download to check what the temp is in Windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom