More "Pentium" coming to a white box near you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone see this yet? lol

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23447

Yes I've used macintosh, not only did I used to have one, but like most people I've used them in various school situations as a graphical design class at the local college....I still stand by the fact they suck....plus now I hear spyware and virii have been made for both macs and linux so there goes that little arguement they once had.

Why do they suck? Besides the lack of compatibility with mostly freakin everything? The operating system isn't as great as apple fans make it out to say, I haven't gotten the chance to use MacOSX so maybe things are different for that one, but yeah I just never liked macintosh....

Maybe if I was ridiculously rich and just had money to blow on overpriced machines where more money and thought went into the outside design than performance I'd get one for studio work for music, but I can use a PC for graphical design any day

another story:
(a virus got on the school server)

(F2) would a linux proxy server let a virus through to windows computers bieng served?

(ME) I dunno

(F2) This virus would be really bad for all Linux's that run .exe's

(cant be bothered arguing)

lol linux doesnt natively support .exe

You need to use wine, unless an .exe magicly comes in and configures wine your fine.

Actually, to be really accurate about linux, the file extension or suffix means nothing.Files in linux have owner permissions,group permissions, executable permissions,read/write/delete permissions, and they can each be set in any combo of the above for user,group.and root individually.

You can take an exe file, and chmod +x filename and its executable, it wont run if its a windows binary, but the OS will let you try it anyway.OS X is the same way when running a terminal, thats a standard unix trait.The file extension is nothing more than something that can be used to associate a file type with an application, but its completely optional, most apps dont check, they just run what you tell them to.You can do all kinds of wierd stuff like that with unix, name a file exe.jpg.pub.mp3 and the OS will not even care what it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom