What to use to spread thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Just wondeirng if anyone has any bright ideas to spread the thermal paste around, i was just going to use the edge of a credit card and make it about 1/4mm thick layer, sound good? Its AS5 and a Zalman 7700cu over a 4000+ San Diego, fully covered heat dispenser not just the little one in the middle. How much do you think I will need, 2 grains or rice size or more?

-Ryan

You can spead it over the whole CPU, I do but not as much on the edge's

I use a plastic bag over my finger than wipe once with a credit card

Thy say to not spread it on a heatspreader, to avoid airpockets between the HSF and Heatspreader. Letting the HSF's weight and force spread it from the center is acording to them, more efficent and likely to avoid airpockets.
-----------------------------------

i did it there way on a intel socket 478 and it realy does spread out into a perfect circle around the center as thy show.

i now this because the first time i was seating the HSF ona 478, it was more finicky then i anticipated so it didnt seat as evenly the first time as i wonted it to, so i just removed it and started over. And when i removed it, i noticed the AS5 spread out intoa perfect thin circle layer around the center of the heatspreader as thy show on there instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom