built my own pc, big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
What filing system are you using? FAT32 or NTFS? the FAT32 filing system for windows XP is almost impossible to use without having to restart your computer.

I tried each stick of RAM individually with no luck. Its Corsair DDR2, 2 sticks of 512 MB, brand new. So I don't think I need new RAM because the Memtest 86 came up with no errors. I'll try and run it with the sound card and stuff out and let you know.

The power supply came with the case. I'm pretty sure it's an ATX 400W PSU. I don't know much about PSU's so I'm not sure if thats a good name or enough power. The case is an ATop Technology XBlade case if you wanted to check into that.

I remember formatting the partition of the hard drive, but I don't remember which filing system i chose. How do I go about finding that? And which one should I have chosen? And would that really be causing this?

Thanks for the help, let me know what you think.

I dont know anything about the x600pro, but thats a PCI-E mobo, so your graphics card might require the powerinput from a 24pin PSU. If the gfx card does require that extra power and since your using a 20pin PSU, that would probably cause problems... im assuming.

If the x600pro has a PCX power terminal on it, you dont neccessarily need a 24pin PSU. you can just get a Molex to PCI-E power adapter.

Most decent 24pin PSU's have 2x 12v rails it think. so if you use your old 20pin PSU, it needs to have a decent strong +12v rail. probably at the very least +12v@20a .

your probably using the NTFS file system. thats the default one XP usess. just go to /my computer/ "right click" Harddrive "go to propertys" (it tells you the file system there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom