Overclock my Cable Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you uncap your modem? and i get 100 to 200 kb/s and around 30 when there are alot of ppl downloading from the site(s)

Just so you guys all know this, a group of people in the Midwest USA uncapped their modems and were picked up buy the FBI for it. The ISP reported that they had lost over 100K per person and that justified an investigation from the FBI.
Before trying something like this, you might want to checkout what can happen to you. Your ISP ussually will have a way to find out if you uncap or hack their system to enable a higher bandwidth.
The Idea is great, but for me, I found a friend in the cable company. He can do it so that I don't get caught. I like that better then loosing everything to the government...

my win2k server instructor was telling me how he was speeding up his cable internet by using 2 dynamic IP address and doing something with this like agregating them or something, i cannot remember. he said the 2 IP's were given free so he wasn't paying for them extra. i do not remember but i think he said the gain wasn't that incredible.

Uncapping your bandwidth is illegal, and I strongly recommend that you do NOT do it, but if you do, make sure that you unlock the cap to a certain level as to not raise any red flags. The most legal way to go about increasings your speeds is to replace old splitters on the cable line, reduce the number of splitters in the cable line, removing barrels, replacing the ends on the lines every 7-10 years, and to make sure that the split that you have going to the cable modem has the lowest level of noise, normally 3.5dB.

If you have DSL, there isn't really much that you can do aside from replacing older phones in the house, and by older I mean like phones from the early to mid 90's, which is rare for anyone to have anyway.

Hope that this is helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom