Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amd64Boy

In Runtime
Just around Christmas I received a Fujitsu B2175, I love this little 2.3 lb 10" touch-screen subnotebook! Heres the story. One night I was surfing the net, the laptop was on the arm of a chair. The phone started to ring so I picked the phone, accidentilly I bumped into my laptop sending it falling to the ground. Once it hit the floor it shut off. So hoping that nothing major league happened to it I attemptted to turn it on. It turned on with a clicking noise. Although it turned on it did not get pass boot up It kept repeating "Operating System Not Found" that convinced me that it was of course the hard drive that took the damage from the fall and that that was the clicking noise. So I took the front panel off revealing the hard drive. I then removed the hard drive and lightly shook it, it made the exact same clicking noise. Theres the story heres the main problem, this laptop has NO internal disc drive! So even if I do replace the hard drive I don't think its possible to load and install the OS. I think I can tackle this problem.

My main question is, does any one know of an external hard drive that can boot as a primary hard drive and be able to run and install an OS on without needing an OS to work. Same goes for a disc drive.

All help would be appreciated--Thanks!

will this cd drive work without needing an operating system? and can I boot from it? or does it need an OS

Can you reccomend a model?

If you can boot from a usb device (most newer systems can.. post '02-'03 maybe?)

I'm unsure of how the pcmcia cdrom will work.. Logic would lead me to believe that it would..

Get a new hard drive for the lappy, then put it in a hd enclosure. Connect that to an usb port on another computer that has a cdrom drive. Install the OS on that hd, then put it back in ur laptop.

adinu said:
Get a new hard drive for the lappy, then put it in a hd enclosure. Connect that to an usb port on another computer that has a cdrom drive. Install the OS on that hd, then put it back in ur laptop.

Yes, but wont the os im installing to the hd while its in the enclosure adapt to that computers drivers or when I put it into the laptop it will automaticly adapt to the laptop's drivers?

By the im going to load Windows XP Pro on the laptop

Well it will probolly work

Pull the hard drive out (turn PC off) when it reboots, is a good idea

You can also just copy the OS to the harddrive as well as DOS, and install XP from DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom