Gooood Ram????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
hey, i saw those alienware systems with DDR2 ram, clocked at like 500MHZ and I was wondering how i could get that??
I'll get the 939 Asus or Msi SLI mobo, with all the good stuff, so is it possible do have DDR2? i want dual channel too :D

1.) only intels have ddr2; and as you say, buy an intel, go to hell :D
2.) ddr1000 is impossible unless you OC a lot
3.) the 939 asus mobo is a shitty bad, while the msi sli board isn't as good either; the DFI lanparty is much better
4.) once again, how the hell can you reach ddr1000 w/o OCing?

and if you see something that alienware has, then you'll know that other places will probably have the same thing for a lot cheaper

All AMD asus are crap, DFI Lanparty are the best (second and third are ABIT and MSI)

DDR2 is Intel only, and not faster than DDR when you overclock both. Intel processors limit DDR2 to 533 anyways

ASUS mobos are NOT crap I've had 3
one for my xp 1800+
one for my xp 2400+
and one for my old 2800+ 64

yet to have any problems, some compatibility problems but nothing major

some compatibility problems

there ya go, a good board shouldn't have compatibility problems with anything (unless its something crappy)

and i think older asus boards were actually ok..i'm not sure

2.) ddr1000 is impossible unless you OC a lot
You aint gonna reach DDR1000 period.....end of story lol, not with DDR modules...

ASUS is crap dude...you people say "it worked for me" yeah did you bother overclocking them? Because that's the situation at hand here......yeah my toyota works, but it also leaks gas an has horribly aligned tires (no longer actually have that car and didn't leak gas lol, just making a point) doesn't mean it's good simply because it works at stock.....point being ASUS does suck ESPECIALLY for OC'ing...

If you want to OC the best combo right now is a DFI Ultra-D board or SLI if you want it, some good RAM like TwinMOS (require a lot of voltage but WILL OC) OCZ Platinum Rev2s, G.Skill LA's PQI Turbos, Patriot XBLs and I think kingstons hyper-X have BH-5 chips which will OC high but also require a lot of voltage.....couple on of those RAM modules with a 3200+ venice and you'll be stylin in terms of OC'ing.

Asus are okay if you're not overclocking, but if you are, then forget it.

when he said the DDR2 could be clocked at 500MHZ, I think he meant DDR500.
normal DDR can get 500MHZ anyway. some RAM can even get 600MHZ
I've seen G.Skill (DDR1) RAM reach over 600MHZ with CL3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom