Putting together a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
If an installed copy of XP is all you have, unless you have the same hardware configuration your not going anywhere

yea, ghosting an HDD will only work if you have the same mobo on the new HDD as the old HDD

Damn! so i'm screwed basacally, unless i get an XP cd. do you think you guys could double check the compatibility on my future system? im pretty sure everything is compatable. the video card is PCI-E, just incase u need to know.

if you're not going to go SLI then just get a regular board w/o the SLI, imo sli is pretty useless since one card is already enough

second, i'd look into a seagate HDD instead b/.c they are quieter...dunno what you want

third, i dunno how much those ram you got are, but upgrading to ~$185 ocz el platinum Rev2's will give you a very nice OC

lastly, if you plan to upgrade in the future but use this computer,then i suggest you get an OCZ powerstream (520/600) instead

i already have 1GB of ram lying around, i'd figure i'd just buy the same one. 2 GB.

what does SLi even do, cause it mentioned it on the MObo description and the vid card discription.

ok i'll def look into that PSu, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom