Vcore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that they are a little bit on the warm side, which they are. But then again, I'm never right, so dont listen to me.

I said it, not you.

that's completely normal especially for being overclocked, compared to an AMD64 system it's warm because those run nice and cool, he's on a socket A here.......his are completely normal and yes when it comes to overclocking you don't know that much yet, especially on older systems it seems.

TheMajor, your using WAY to much voltage yo lol. Your only on a 200mhz OC, and your pumping all that voltage. Your system will not run stable with to much voltage. So increasing to much will not fix anything.

From 1.4ghz-1.66ghz, your voltage should be set to an extra 1.0 at MOST. If stock voltage is 1.35, then increase it to 1.45. Vcore is not the only voltage setting that regulates a stable OC. If you did not increase DDRV, then thats why your OC is not stable. Try increasing your DDRV to 0.5 or 1.0 at most. Also, make sure your AGP is locked, which means you do not want to increase AGP voltage nor speed.

With a 200mhz increase, your processor will run just fine. I wouldent worry about your temperature, with this increasement. Just drop that voltage.

His voltage is fine as long as he keeps it cool codeine. I have to use 1.85 through my stock 1.35v XP-M to get 2.5GHz, yes it's a much bigger OC than his, but still I've put 2.225v trying to get 2.8GHz stable....the older chips need a good amount of voltage and his particular CPU isn't known to be a great OC'er by anymeans, so as long as it's cool it's aright....but he needs to make sure that that's DEFINITELY his limit as far as voltage per Mhz go

I never owned a socket A system, so maybe thats why i seem like an alien rite now lol. Are you positive he needs all that voltage lol, holy CRAP thats alot. Freaking an insane amount for such a small OC. I feel bad for the old time overclockers with these systems.

Modern CPU's need less voltage. My default is 1.750v, not 1.350v. I also tried a lower voltage (1.725v) at 1.66GHz but it stopped before loading Windows.
I can't lock my AGP/PCI.

I said 1.35 was my default for a mobile, but yeah Codeine, these newer CPU's are designed to not only operate at stock with lower voltage, but OC more per voltage increment......as long as his remains cool enough his voltage is fine.

Oh ok, you cant lock your AGP, that sucks. But you probably wont need to. Well if your stock voltage 1.75, then thats not an insane increase as i thought.

If I manage to unlock m multiplier I don't need to overclock my FSB this much to reach high clock speeds. Im still waiting for this piece of cinductive rubber I ordered. I will keep my FSB a bit high though, cause my RAM is 200MHz and my FSB only 133. I don't want my RAM to run at 133 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom