x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least dhw and Bee know that they made mistakes. the worst is when people drop $900 on a X850XT-PE and think that they have the best video card in the world because it's 'HD'.

I was originally going for the 6800 GT too...but everybody at this forum, who were ATI fanboys at the time...convinced me to go ATI.

Go for the X850XT!!! it's the baddest card around!!!
It OWNS and I mean Owns the 6800GT/ Ultra.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :)

X850xt = Pretty good card - got mine for $450 :)

6800GT = pretty good card also. But it has one feature the ATI card does not: PS 3.0.

If you're not going to be able to upgrade for a few years, go for 6800GT, If you are going to upgrade in the next year get the 6800GT.

Nvidia has the upper hand when it comes to next generation games.

As for me, i still love my ATI and i will think about Nvidia when a game comes out that REALLY runs better on Nvidia. Give me about 6 months and i'm building yet another monster of a computer...........

im so confused now. i dont even know what i want anymore. i looked at some benchmarks earlier and the 6800gt stomped the x850xt in doom 3. but i want it for hl2, farcry, and halo. the only thing that beat the x850xt on those tests were dual 6800gts/ultras. would 2 6800gt's be worth the money? they were second best on almost all the benchmarks. only 300 after a rebate on newegg right now. thats about what the x850xt would be after taxes at frys right now

X850 XT gets 70 FPS in HL2, 6800 GT gets 60 (or whatever). Big deal. the human eye cant physically tell the difference between the two. 6800 GT is the way to go. Ultra is a waste cuz the 6800 GT can easily be OCed to ultra speeds and beyond

yeah, i do think im ging to go w/ the 6800gt. ill be able to get some extra stuff w/ the money ill save. i desperately need a new moniter thnx everyone. was just kind of attached to ati i guess since this crap 9200 was my 1st video card and ive never had any problems w/ it

2x 6800GT's aren't worth it

just get one and then save up for newer cards that will come out

beedubaya said:
DO NOT get the X850XT. Get the 6800 GT thats much cheaper and outperforms it, plus has Pixel Shader 3.0. I can personally tell you that this generation of ATI cards suck, I bought an X800 Pro and have had trouble with it from day 1. Also, there is a guy on this forum who bought an X850XT (dhw200), and he is unhappy with it as well.

Pixel Shader 3 is what PC graphics is all about these days, even ATI's own HL2 is going to require Pixel Shader 3 in the near future. If you get an X850XT, you will be kicking yourself in the head when you realize how much you've been ripped off, and you load games to see settings such as "HDR, Hi-res water, Parallax mapping, Specular lighting," and more all blackened out.

The only way to go these days is the GeForce 6800 Series. Don't walk from ATI, RUN FROM THEM!

dang, you sond so pissed at your Card, i understand.... but sheesh, if you could, i guess you'll destroy all x800's :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom