Firewall problems (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats just weird.. It sounds like you have a bugged system..

I'd take it back.. you can order a similiar system for a similiar price through the place i work for. If you'd like i could get you the information tomorrow when im at work.

thanks senseless I'd appreciate that. my email is rangerbuyer@fastmail.fm

If that's not wierd enough I reset the time back to 2005 and restarted... the computer works fine! I'm going to keep tinkering to see if I can narrow this problem down

But the date reset more than once correct? That would imply to me that it has a bad battery or a whacky motherboard. I'm leaning more towards the whacky motherboard side, because it could also explain your network problems.

It may be that, but it may also be my own fault. I changed the year to 1994 (because that's the last year the calendar was in sync with 2005) I did this to get around a trial version expiration of some software I use. Now that the date is "correct" everything seems to work fine so the problem may have come from my setting the date back (why it would reest 100 years ahead I don't know) I'll keep messing with it and see what happens

EDIT I reset the date back to 1994 both times

Cheap Shit

The reason you got it so cheap is because it has something seriously wrong with it and the shop owner wanted rid of it and he found a sucker to do that for him, he'll be laughing right now.

Bet he has a load of the same computers in the back store.

No matter how cheap it is, if it ain't working it's worth zilch.

You could reformat again, don't use any firewall and see what the crack is, I don't think its the firewall anyway.

its an e-machine.. i bet he got it at walmart or kmart, there was another guy that bought one of those and came in here.. had some sort of video card issue if i remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom