Decent sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices at the shop are 99$ for the 7.1 and like 119$ for the audigy2.. I haven't looked at newegg.

70$ and its an OEM version.. Limited warranty, so **WHEN** (not IF) it breaks they dont have to send you a new one.

revolution 7.1 retail is 92$ @ newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829121101

You can tell the difference in quality just by looking at it

Edit:

err, i was looking at the wrong audigy link.. The one he linked for 50$ is only 5.1 and still has some of creatives old false advertising

Sample Rate 96KHz

Try to do 96k on that card and tell me how far you get .. Not to mention i doubt that it is even a truly 24bit card.. Its most likely 16bit with some sort of software (killing your fps) emulation.

Would I notice a difference between the sound card on my mobo (MSI K8N Neo2)
• 7.1 channel audio codec RealTek ALC850.
- Compliance with AC97 v2.3 Spec.
- Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement.

And buying one of the ones everyone listed?

Depends on your hearing..

You should notice a huge difference between the onboard and the audigy 2.. You would notice a difference in clarity and depth between the revolution and the audigy because of how the rear channel sound is encoded on the audigy vs the revolution. Not to mention the revolution uses higher quality components

Specs are not everything for audio equipment, in fact their basicly nothing at all, your ears are what matters :)

And yes the average human will notice quite a big difference between intergrated and a crapblaster card, and most should notice a difference between lets say an m-audio vs crapblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom