qbasic help plz! urgent (i know i'm in the wrong topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
i have a thread in the correct place its just that nobody goes there and i need help tonite, not tomorrow

i have an exam, and i'm a little shady on some parts, and i need some help about setting up a program to do the following:

-read a file (sequential or randomize access) I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS PART
-dump info into an array
-edit the array (adding or deleting)
-write to the file opposite of what is read (i.e if seq. is made, write RA) I CAN DO THIS TOO

if somebody could pseudocode a little piece that would be helpful ...i dont care which choice you choose in the parenthesis

thank you

Tell the teacher it was a waste of your time to complete the project because qbasic is outdated and teaching outdated things doesnt help humanity progress.

ha yes, but our computers are old and so is he...but hes really smart and knows what he's doing (the AP comp sci class uses java)

I'd help you if i could.... the only qbasic i know is print and goto.. Came in handy back when i was 12 and bored in walmart.

Tell him to teach you assembly or something then =p

Typical h/w forum responses. lol.. Anyways, if u give more details about "what" u don't know, I am sure one of us can help you. I haven't done Qbasic much as it is a crappy language to know. But if it's pseudocode u want, u'll get it :)

copy your question and post it in the programmers lounge you'll get tons of answers and ace the question. I have a friend who is a wiz at qbasic but he's out and I don't know his cell #

senseless said:
Tell the teacher it was a waste of your time to complete the project because qbasic is outdated and teaching outdated things doesnt help humanity progress.

Qbasic is actually a good a place as any for beginning programming, good for novice logic skills development.Qbasic skills apply in just about any scripting language used today, some of which are quite old and still in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom