Lost Windows Cd key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holydirt

Baseband Member
i want to reinstall windows xp on my computer but i lost the cd key that it came with.. anyone know of a way that i can get my cd key back? (is it like saved somewhere on my computer?) dont worry if theres not a way.. i havent uninstalled it yet... thanks for your help.

You can find the winXP's key in Window Registry (Open "Run" box and type "regedit"). But I don't remember exactly where it is. Please wait, I'll find it for you.

WOW! that was much easier than expected.. thanks you very much, worked like a charm, you guys are very helpful. thanks again

in the future, take the little piece of adhesive paper that the cd key(that came on the package that the os came in) and stick it to your comp. then you should always know where it is :)

It worked great with my computer that has XP home but would not work on one that I have with XP pro. It just says test1 module has encounted a problem and needs to close.

I have tried 2 different programs on the XP pro version and both of them give me the same answer. Don't know what it is about that system that is causing that. Every other system that I try it on works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom