OC bios troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Okay, so this is kind a hard to explain problem, Here goes: I recently OCed my CPU in bios from 200 to 207mhz. I boot windows normally but when I shut down and turn my computer back on and enter bios, the CPU clock speed control is set to "disabled" when before I had it enabled. Bios says that the FSB is still set to 207, but it is not changeable unless I set the colock control to "enabled". Also, when the control is set to "disabled" my RAM OC settings go back to 400mhz when I had it at 414mhz before. What's going on? Bios knows I Overclocked the CPU but it refuses to enact the changes, I think. If anyone knows what the hell I'm rambling about please help!

Your motherboard might be recognizing a bad OC attempt. I just had something similar happen with me. I changed some settings to OC. My motherboard recognized that the OC was a failure, and set everything back to default.

That seems possible, but I only OCed from 100 to 107, I'll try lower increments. Also, I'm using an integrated bios sytem called, MIT (motherboard intelligent tweaker), if this has anything to do with it.

Mines and ASUS mobo, and it uses "AI" This is probably somewhat similar to this MIT you speak of.

Turn off that tweaker. It is recognizing what is good for your mobo and what isnt, and it see's that your current OC if not a good one for one reason or another. Perhaps it requires very low temps to do any amount of OCing when using that utility.

I don't know if I can turn it off, it is what gives me access to all my OC options. The tweaker is meant for somewhat user friendly overclocking.

if this 'tweaker' you speak of is within windows you need to ditch that crap....windows OC'ing is the worst way to go about it.

NM, I see you said this
I'm using an integrated bios sytem called, MIT (motherboard intelligent tweaker), if this has anything to do with it
So I take it it's not infact in windows......anywho, I've never known gigabyte to be a good OC'ing board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom