first desktop pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of those with Asus mobos, here is my advice.

Pull it out of ur comp, put it in a black garbage bag and beat the bag with a hammer until your tired. Then get a drink and relax. When your ready, go out and buy a nice DFI...

some thing you said are wrong...but anyways:

first, there's really no point in getting an FX-55 when you can just get good ram and overclock the 3200+

you also got hyperx's (they weren't made to OC very good with amd's) along with an asus motherboard, so you can't really overclock much (you probably at least $200 for that ram when you coulda gotten it at outpost for under $100 AR)

36.7GB??? you'll run out of space in no time

that PSU that comes with the case is probably too weak to power your system (if it's generic); go for a thermaltake silent purepower 480W, not an OCZ modstream like suggested, because you don't really need all that power for an AGP system

and lastly, the X800XL is crap compared to the 6800GT; the 6800gt outperforms it everything except HL2 i believe; also, the x800xl doesn't have pixel shader 3.0, which makes it an outdated card compared to 6800GT; you should definitely get the 6800gt instead

building your own system will be MUCH better; the only risk in that is applying the thermal paste and attaching the fan to the CPU (however, you can should order a CPU//mobo bundle off monarch computer.com and they assemble everything for you)

if you really don't want to build your own system, then configure one at monarchcomputer.com instead; they are much, much more reliable than companies such as ibuypower and cyberpower

your new build should look something like this:

AMD64 3200+ (venice; Rev.E)
eVGA 6800GT
a good motherboard (i.e. DFI lanparty ultra-d or MSI k8N NEO2 platinum, but there's no point in getting the msi now since pci-e is the way to go to be future proof)
1 gig of OCZ el platinum Rev2 ram or just regular ram if you don't want to overclock
and a hard drive configuration of your choice (i.e. 36.7 gb raptor [master] and a 200gb SATA [slave])
also, a power supply would help (ocz modstream and powerstreams are good)

is the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Chipset MB w/ LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO
better the asus??? i mean. for oc and stuff

they are all "meh" motherboards

if you're planning to build a computer online, then go to www.monarchcomputer.com and do it

they are actual rpofessionals and test your computers before sending it out to you and have a WIDE selection of good computer hardware

most of the stuff at ibuypower and cyberpower are just cheap stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom