sli vs. single card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm85

Baseband Member
is there that much of an improvement with sli technology? i dont think most of us would be able to tell the difference visually... what u guyz think?

Depends on the game dude. Obviously...... The SLI setup can do more work if the game demands it. Otherwise, you wouldn't notice the difference. Whatever card u are going to buy, (6800 gt), buy one now, and buy the other "when you need it".. No point in u paying extra now just to make it collect dust in ur comp. no? :)

if you got the money to burn, then go for it

i can see that you do, since a FX-55 is unnecessary and you can take it down to a 3200+ and get 2 6800GT's

I dont think its worth it. Dual GPU cards will destroy it and the newer R520/G70 chips are more deserving of our money. When they come out of course

dhw200 said:
I dont think its worth it. Dual GPU cards will destroy it and the newer R520/G70 chips are more deserving of our money. When they come out of course

Dual gpu cards still require multi-gpu processing within the game.. Look at the benchmarks. Using that logic, Dual core processors would destroy dual processor systems.. But i highly doubt people will stop using multiple processors just because they can have 2 procs in 1 now. It just gives an excuse to pay more.

SLI's worth is relative to your yearly income.. If you can pay for it in 1 paycheck theres no reason not to.

I would get an nF4 board, then just get a 6800. I would buy the other if needed, but I can run any game high-detail with just my older-gen 9550 8x AGP card. So it really isn't worth it. Just get a good processor, and some good RAM.

Counter-Strike said:
I would get an nF4 board, then just get a 6800. I would buy the other if needed, but I can run any game high-detail with just my older-gen 9550 8x AGP card. So it really isn't worth it. Just get a good processor, and some good RAM.

Set your system to max graphics and watch it grind to a halt only getting like 10-15fps. In order to be good at FPS games you're going to need 60-70fps or else you might aswell not even play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom