Need a new motherboard, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
I am looking for a new motherboard for my dell dimension 2400. How does putting a new one in work? Does it come with a processor and everything? What all do i need to buy for it? I am looking for one with a n agp 8x or pci-e slots. Plz help me on this topic.

Why did you decide on getting a new motherboard? How are you so sure that your old one is toast?

If you are adamant about getting a new one, list all of your other parts in the computer, so that we dont have to go searching for all of the specs for your 2400.

No my old one is not toast. I need an agp slot. IS there like some sort of "adapter" that i can buy that will let me use an agp card on my computer which only has pci slots?

Intel Pentium 4 2.66 ghz
256 mb RAM
Intel INtegrated graphics

Well, you already have a processor and RAM. The only thing you need is a video card that will fit into the AGP slot.

I don't know of any motherboard package that also comes with a proecessor. As far as I know, you'll have to buy everything seperately, but that doesn't mean that there isn't some type of pack containing everything out there somewhere... however it is safe to assume that you need to order everything individually.

So i can just take the processor out, put it in that one, and the ram too? Do i have to find a motherboard that will accept pc 2700 ram or just get new ram? so is that all i have to do? How did you fix yours up?

Yes, you can take the processor out of your Dell and put it in the new motherboard.

The motherboard that I recommended will accept PC2700 RAM. The motherboard can accept up to PC3200 RAM. Obviously the faster the better. If you put PC3200 and PC2700 RAM in the motherboard, both types of RAM will run at PC2700 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom