Intel D925XCV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
I know Intel boards are expensive, but I want something with multiple Firewire ports, including a header on the board so I can hook it up to the front. Same with USB. The reviews I read are good, except that it it too expensive. I like Intel because of the reliability, and "build quality."

One thing I can't find... Intel's site says D925XCV, but on pricewatch there s only the D925XCVLK.
What the heck?

The LK is probably a version with something extra, or something less, included with the board. I'm sure the board is the same, though.

Intel has formally stated that they prefer ASUS boards over their own with Intel chips. Get an ASUS. Not sure of the price, but they are very good boards.

It's impossible to keep track of intel motherboard's

I have a non existant intel motherboard :)

No? Why is that? Is it because Intel does not want people getting slower chips and OCing them so they dont have to buy the new more expensive ones? I really did not know that.

AHHH!!!!! IT'S THE ICON FROM MY NIGHTMARES! Idiotec, that thign is haunting. Looks like a Langolier.

Yeah, I don't know their reasoning behind it, but everything I read they do not have OC features in the BIOS, its like having a Dell or something.

Well, Intel is very akin to MS. In that, they would prefer noone messing with the inner workings. If you crack an MS program and alter it and they find out, they sue you. Intel could not sue you, so they just lock the hell outta their bios. Whereas AMD is more akin to Linux, in that you can really change almost everything in the bios and programs.

I don't overclock... That is my rule. In college I've seen too many people fry things. But I digress... I have used Asus boards before and they aren't bad. I did have a bad experience with one. The PS wouldn't POST, I had the right wattage power supply, everythign checked out just no POST. I bought a more powerfull one and it worked. But that was with a RAMBUS board. P4t-E I think.
Where did Intel formally recommend Asus over their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom