The best 939 motherboard ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
which is the best 939 motherboard? ive been looking around and ive found a few that look promising lik ethe EPox 9nda3+ its digital readout for mobo errors looks promising, bu tthen again ive looked at the AV8 3rd eye socket 939 mobo and it shows greater value-wise...

my criteria are pretty simple, i prefer pci express and i need overclocking ability, SATA would be icing on the cake but not extremely necessary. onboard sound would save me some trouble being as i dont intend to buy an add-on sound card.

anyone have any ideas? or experience? what speeds can these motherboards reach?

The whole DFI lanparty range is the best ones out there, great overclockers, great relibility etc.

I would strongly advise not getting EPox, especially if you plan to overclock.

Although the AV8 3rd eye is a great motherboard (I have one) I could not say how strongly I advise not to get it, if I would have known the problems with it I would of Got a MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum, but is AGP. The AV8 has loads of options for tweeking overclocks (lots of voltage options etc) but it lacks the ability to overclock. I used to be able to overclock, until I got the new BIOS (my previous one became corrupt) and now with PCI lock on, I can't play counter strike if I over clock, and with out PCI lock on, my HDD became corrupt (due to how SATA is connected to the CPU) It also has people complaining of temperature read outs being wrong (With one BIOS it said my CPU was at 12*C lol.)

I would still take the AV8 over the EPox though because it is a reliable motherboard, that performs well. The Uguru clock is a nice thought as well.

Edit: For the post above, don't go with a ASUS sli board, as the are really buggy, but the rest of the range is good.

thanks for the responses guys, I always hear good things about DFI boards but never used one so i was a little skeptical... i think i may have decided to check them out now tho, i really did like the idea of a number displayed on motherboard to correspond to any errors however, like the Epox has... cant win em all tho i guess

The AV8 has that, has never shown one code that is in the book lol, right now it says "6.7." but there is only a 67 which is prepare memory size something or other, (forgot what it said, lol.)

I thought of anouther problem with my mobo, I can't shut down, and leave the PSU on, as I get sirens on start up. Still would take it over the Epox.

DFI is the way to go now.

smiffjunior2005 said:
ASUS make good 939 boards with SATA for reasonable prices.

http://www.ebuyer.com for some boards

Neither Asus or Epox make good boards, their both some of the worst.

DFI Lanparty SLI-DR comes in the top of the range holding all of the world records for AMD chips I know of

Also you cant go wrong with Abit or MSI

As mentioned above the DFI nf4 lanparty is the best socket 939 board ever.

i really did like the idea of a number displayed on motherboard to correspond to any errors however, like the Epox has... cant win em all tho i guess
The lanparty nf4 SLI-DR will include an LED error readout for diagnosing problems. It is the most expensive board. however...

Asus and Epox are horrible, i cant believe you even mentioned them lol. My AV8 3RD EYE displays error codes, but my temp sensor is shot to hell. At this moment, DFI and MSI are the best.

thanks very much everyone for your help... i will definitely be investigating DFI boards, especially the one with the digital read-out... appreciate it.

DFI all the way! They are so reliable, and has a great overclocking ability. MSI are also good, but not as good as DFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom