Status
Not open for further replies.

d_source

Daemon Poster
Which would you choose:
Samsung SyncMaster™ 19" monitor 915N

or

BenQ FP937s

The price on the samsung is $485CAD and the BenQ is $458 (after $50 mail-in-rebate). The only other way the BenQ beats out the Samsung is that it has DVI input as well as analog, whereas the Samsung is soley analog. And i heard that makes a huge difference.

Opinions please.

The only thing with the BenQ is it has 12ms response time, compared to 8ms on the other 2. Now, that isn't that big of deal as mine as 12ms and doesn't have any ghosting problems, but lower is always better.

To me, DVI input would be a big deal, which would make me lean against the Samsung, even though they are one of the top LCD screen makers. I haven't heard much about Hyundai, that is a new one to me that they make LCD's. I would research their quality first, but it does have both DVI and 8ms response time.

d_source said:
Why the BEnQ? And what do you think of this monitor:
Hyundai L90D+ for $458?
Hyundai makes good cars. They do not have a history of making LCD's to tell from, so I would stear clear...unless you got money to burn. Stick with companies known for making (good) LCD's and CRTs. They know the business and the tech.

I have looked at reviews on the Hyundai screen and all the people love it, plus it comes with 3 yrs parts and labour warranty. Thats the only reason its even a consideration, but i agree that maybe i should stick with the better known companies in this field.

d_source said:
I have looked at reviews on the Hyundai screen and all the people love it, plus it comes with 3 yrs parts and labour warranty. Thats the only reason its even a consideration, but i agree that maybe i should stick with the better known companies in this field.

All we can do is give our advice. You have to make the final decision for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom