Upgrading Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
bwisdom said:
its 1.8 and 2.8

Impossible to run two different speed processor in dual processor, you got f***ed over I am sorry to say

Also diablo II the 256meg 6200 Turbocache only has 32 meg of memory believe it or not. It refrences 224 meg of system ram if needed and uses 32 meg of onboard high speed memory.

Download and run CPU-Z from cpuid.com to give us more computer specs.

EDIT: Pentium 4's cannot be ran in dual processor with any stock motherboard. Some guy did get them to run in a custom built motherboard before though.

Ok the processor is 2.8

I have had a problem with my a memory chip i just bought to upgrade the ram. I had 512 installed when the computer was built. but when i purchased a 256 memory chip and putt them together the computer would only recognize the 512 so i took out the 512 and left the 256 in and it worked fine but when i put them together it would show only the 512, when i would look on my system info and dxdiag it would show only the 512. ok so i just ran the cpuid thing and it showed i had 768. the 512 is pc3200 and the 256 is 2700

1) not all the 6200's use shared memory. if you look at some of them thy do have 256 video ram memory. 300 core, 500 mem clock, 128bit, 4 pixel pipes.

2) some motherboard do run into compatablity problems if you mix differet kinds of memory sitck that have different timings, along with differen speeds... your probably just slowing your system down by installing the 256(pc2700) anyway. if you install anything lower then (pc3200), then your ram bus will run slower.
----------------------------------------------

I guess its possible to run Doom on ultra since your card doesnt use shared memory. but thats probably on low resolution im guessing.

Im curiouse about how well doom runs on your graphics card. Do the following....

==1) in Doom3's Settings tell us what resolution its running at? example-(1280x1024?, 1024x786?, 800x?

==2) in Doom3 press 'ctrl + alt + ~' (~ is right under Escape). then in the 'console' type.... TimeDemo Demo1 1
...then hit enter, at the end of the Demo it shows you your average FPS.

==3) Post back here, about the demo resaults..... What settings+resolution it was running, and what FPS score it gave you.

(note) if you wont to enable FPS wile your playing, you can just type the following command into console..... com_showfps 1
i think, i cant remember exactly, if not could be... cl_showfps 1, Show_fps 1

typing any key such as 'C' into the console then pressing 'Tab' will show you the command list starting with that letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom