550 or 480 watt PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augsy

In Runtime
Im getting a new PS and i need to know if forking out a little extra is worth it in the long run. Comp specs are: athlon 3500, 6600GT, 1GB ram, 200 GB HD. PLanning to upgrade some of that in the near future also.

-thanks.

Well who makes the PSU?

Either would be fine. I run my pc off of a 330watt true power psu from Antec (specs in sig)

You will not need more than 330 watts for that system (from a good make) but if you get anouther harddrive, than you would.

Is the PSU a 24 pin one, as than it may be worth getting the 550 watt so you can use it in your next system, but if it isn't than the 480 will still be alot more than ample.

480 is fine for pretty much anything unless your planning on a massive setup with a really powerful GPU and stuff.

first off.. its better to go big with a ps.. its cuz u might wanna upgrade inthe future.. unever know.. also, they dont cost too much..u should think about it.. id rather overshoot my ps needs than undershoot it.

to reinforce diablo's point, id much rather have a 350 watt PSU from antec than a 500 watt PSU from aspire or some other generic brand

the make i would get is antec a 480 watt is $100 and a 550 is around $130 prices are CDN.

if you're going pci-express (which you should be) then an antec NEOPOWER 480W would be enough (the TRUEPOWER 480W is a 20pin pu for AGP boards which you shouldn't use unless you're going AGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom