Older version of Norton...is it good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
I have a free trial of Norton IS 2002 and Ive been using that recently...I just pretty much reinstall it after the 3 month period. My question is is this good enough, even tho its 2002? I have all the updates and stuff, but i still wonder how good it is.

I would buy the 2005 version for 25 bux, but if this one is fine I would rather stick to it.

If you get the regular updates for your version then yes you should be fine using that version.

The difference between your version and the newer 2005 version is that all the online updates you received are already bundled in the 2005 version (or at least that should be the case).

As long as you update your vesion regularly, you will be fine.

you may have to reinstall after a year, because the subscription status will end, however. Mine expires and I have systemworks 03.

talldude123 said:
you may have to reinstall after a year, because the subscription status will end, however. Mine expires and I have systemworks 03.

talldude123, Please stop trying to get a high post count, as he has said, already, he re-installs every three months.

-SkyHi

adinu said:
I have a free trial of Norton IS 2002 and Ive been using that recently...I just pretty much reinstall it after the 3 month period. My question is is this good enough, even tho its 2002? I have all the updates and stuff, but i still wonder how good it is.

I would buy the 2005 version for 25 bux, but if this one is fine I would rather stick to it.

norton 2005 isn't any good, so that tell you about 2002.
use avast or avg

I agree with EricB, go with AVG FREE. It's the only thing i use and you get the free updates too.

Drworm2005.

Symantec has moved almost its entire development and marketing division over to focus on the corporate security sector. In other words, Norton is great as an enterprise solution, but if yer just using it on one home machine, and you don't have it setup correctly, yer in for more hassel than most people can put up with.

As for the question, an older version of Norton will work, and it may even continue to run after a year. However, the live-update system will most likely stop functioning (if it hasn't already) due to the version dependencies. Norton is relatively cheap, anyway, so just upgrade if you like it.

SkyHi said:
talldude123, Please stop trying to get a high post count, as he has said, already, he re-installs every three months.
And stop padding YOUR post count by posting rather than PMing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom