Strange Computer :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
I have a friends computer over at my house, it was acting up and he asked me to work on it some, so i opened it up to clean any dust out, and there sat the biggest pile of dust known to man kind, the entire HS was full of dust, so i decided to put a new heatsink/fan onto the board, but now as soon as i plug the cable into the PSU the computer comes on with out me even touching the power button, any ideas?

Same place as the old one, they draw the exact same amperage so i dont think its overpowering the board any... Its possible its shorting out on the case some how but i dont know why it would be doing that.....

I got into BIOS and went to the "system info" option and it listed the general specs, but it also listed the chassis serial number, can some one look it up for me and give me some kind of manual to this motherboard so i can make sure i put them pin's for the lights and crap in right?

# is 9037fppwn476

as long as you have a switch connected to the /power switch, and /reset switch. and not one of the LED's, then your fine.

if there realy was that much dust in his comp, maybe you should take a vacume to his PSU and suck out all the dust from that to.

Hes getting a new PSU, his current one is realy old.... And its old, as in old enough where it once supplied power to a screen also....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom