Upgrading Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
Here is my computer's info tell me whether it is crappyor not, i am thinking about upgrading so give me some ideas.

Nvidia GeForce 6200 OC 256mb

Motherboard is a Pentium 4 Titan

Pentium 4 Processor at 2.80x2 w/ Hyperthreading Technology

512 ram(getting ready to have a gigabyte of ram)

Microsoft Xp Home Edition

Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 24 bit channel EAX Advanced HD

I bought this system about two years ago. I need some cheap ideas but still able to run games at a high level.

Any Suggestions

first, the ram on the video card doesn't matter
your graphics card is crap because you went with high memory, whih doesn't even matter on lower-end cards like yours because it can't even handle games taht use up a lot of memory

second, your processor ISN'T 2.8x2 ghz, just because it has HT doesn't mean it's dual-core, that just means it can multi-task more efficiently

third, a gig of ram is needed for optimal performance

Also that video card the 6200 was the only card i could buy, i am saving up for the 6800 ultra and a new hard drive and more ram

you have hyperthreading, not dual core

a good video card would be a 6800GT or if you're going to wait, a 7800GTX or R520 gpu card

there's no point in getting an ultra because ou can just overclock the GT,which is much cheaper

of course you can run doom3 at ultra high, but you'll probably get like 3fps or something like that

Doom 3 was actually pretty smooth.

i do have two processors because wheni had the computer built the guy couldnt get hte 3.4 like i wanted in so he put in two 2.80 processors

what the hell are you talking about??

there's no such thing as dual 2.8 ghz processors

your motherboard can fit ONE processor, not two

if you got charged for 2 2.8 ghz processors, then you go ripped off, since there's no such thing as dual 2.8's P4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom