x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) asus sucks, go with a dfi lanparty board
2.) amd 3200 is enough (rev. E core//venice)
3.) the vento case is ugly as hell (just my opinion though)

you also need another stick of 512mb and a new power supply as well

Would I trade (2) 6800 ultras for an X850XT?

No. We're talking about $1200 vs. $600.

PS3 isn't all that right now, hardly any games support it. Except for the new HL2 maps which are more of a beta then anything else. So, for me, if you don't have an SLI system, the X850XT is the best you can get. Better than 6800ultra. Check the benchmarks.

Well for 600$, the price for an X850 you can get 2x 6800GT's

Enough said, I would take a single 6800GT over the 850's.

We buy high peformance graphics cards to play with mind boggling graphics. What's the point of a high power card if you cant play games at full settings.

$600, holy cow. you can make an entire computer with that amount of money.

or you can get a X850XT without PS3, witch has .06% performance increas over a $280 6800gt. :confused:

HAVOC2k5 said:

PS3 isn't all that right now, hardly any games support it. Except for the new HL2 maps which are more of a beta then anything else. So, for me, if you don't have an SLI system, the X850XT is the best you can get. Better than 6800ultra. Check the benchmarks.

Who cares if the X850XT gets 10 fps more in some games than the 6800 GT. You won't notice that. You WILL notice the disadvantages of playing your games in DX8.1 with SM1.1 instead of SM3 and DX9. Programmers are no longer coding DX9 paths for SM2.0, so basically if you don't have SM3, you are stuck in DX8.1 mode. As far as future games are concerned, the X800/850 series are only DX8.1 cards! Plus the driver support for ATI is so terrible its not worth the hassle.

It also tells you something when ATI fanboys are commonly saying things like "Its not about the graphics." Pssst...they spend $900 on a POS X850XTPE and then say that. Words can't explain how pissed I am at ATI right now.

beedubaya said:
DO NOT get the X850XT. Get the 6800 GT thats much cheaper and outperforms it, plus has Pixel Shader 3.0. I can personally tell you that this generation of ATI cards suck, I bought an X800 Pro and have had trouble with it from day 1. Also, there is a guy on this forum who bought an X850XT (dhw200), and he is unhappy with it as well.

Pixel Shader 3 is what PC graphics is all about these days, even ATI's own HL2 is going to require Pixel Shader 3 in the near future. If you get an X850XT, you will be kicking yourself in the head when you realize how much you've been ripped off, and you load games to see settings such as "HDR, Hi-res water, Parallax mapping, Specular lighting," and more all blackened out.

The only way to go these days is the GeForce 6800 Series. Don't walk from ATI, RUN FROM THEM!

You are right, i am pissed at ATI. although i havent had a single problem with my card, and it works like a charm, it has no PSM 3.0. Get a 6800 GT. You will be able to sleep better at night

If you don't believe us about the Radeon X850XTPE, than just look at the X850XTPE review at hardocp.com in the archives. because the ATI X-series of cards don't support PS 3.0, the specular lighting is all screwed up, there is no parallax mapping, and no HDR lighting in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. the Radeon X-series blows! Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is a perfect example of how much the X-series sucks.

In Splinter Cell Chaos Theory,

$600 Radeon X850XT-PE= Shader Model 1.1+bump mapping

$260 Nvidia 6600GT= Shader Model 3.0+HDR lighting+parallax mapping+functional specular lighting.

and BTW, SmartShader HD IS NOT the same as Pixel Shader 3.0. don't fool yourself! in fact, ATI's shaders are anything BUT HD because Nvidia's shaders are more accurate and can do many more operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom