SVCD...making me confuzzled

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
yeh so my friend tells me about this "SVCD" and how its soo good and that its like dvd and u can play it on ur dvd player but u can burn it onto a normal CD... well this is confusing me because last time i heard.. u cant play normal cd's on your dvd player becuase of some thing about the laser er sumthen like that but yeh... i was just wondering if any of you have heard or used this SVCD video format and actually burnt it onto a normal CD rom and player it on your dvd player... and what program you used to convert it to SVCD video format..

yeh i was aware of it taking around 2 cd's but yeh you say its nowhere near dvd qaulity.. so yeh what is the quality like.. would it be equal to dvd?.. or even worse?

ohh yeh and im trying to use this program called "VCD maker4" but its like a trial version and doesnt let me convert a file over 100megs.. so yeh i was wondering if thier is any free programs u know of that i can use to make vcd's that are free with no limitations on file sizes..?

along w/your cd recorder should have came some sort of cd authoring app. which would allow u to burn vcd and svcds. if not get nero, its not free but it does the job.

Hey, its a good thing i keep on the mmsgr! I wuz beginin to git lost wid ta warding of yer msg,,,

chek out progs like:

DVD2AVI
DVD Decripter 3170
Fit CD TMPGEnc Plus Ver 2.521.58.169
SSRC - http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/
tooLame

These are ALL Great SVCD Utilils,,

THing to member,, take yur tahm,, conversion ken be upta 12 hours,,

Vid quality is about on par with VHS,, not that bad really,,

cheers,

ekÆsine said:
hes right except SVCDis nowhere near dvd quality. most movies made with svcd takes 2 CD's and your dvd player must support VCD/ SVCD format. please read more here:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/svcd

I have tupac resurrection on VCD, and it was pretty good quality, and on top of that it was a camcorder record.

Whereas, I have matrix Revolution which was also camcorded in the theatre BUT the quality is horrible.

I think it comes down to the camcorder and how they edited.
They both were 2 cds, But the Tupac was really clear, and no problem with the sound, i admit not as good as the vcd, but if i was given the choice to buy either, and only difference between the two was SVCD qualty and DVD quality, from looking at both of em, id go for the SVCD if it was cheaper.
but the dvd if it was the same price.

Oh yea, Whats the difference between SVCD and VCD?
Cant VCD's play in DVD players that allow it?

A_Zip1 said:
ohh yeh and im trying to use this program called "VCD maker4" but its like a trial version and doesnt let me convert a file over 100megs.. so yeh i was wondering if thier is any free programs u know of that i can use to make vcd's that are free with no limitations on file sizes..?

i got that free!

spfd you must have terrible eyes :) the throughput from a DVD is up to 9 times more than SVCD. from what i am understanding from you is that you didn't even compare the SVCD to the exact same movie on DVD. you really have no basis for comparison.

and lets not mention this is a comparison between a SVCD spanned on 2 CD's versus 1 DVD 4.7GB disc. if you still want to know the difference please read the second post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom