x850xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. there's no people here that have it
2. hell no it isn't worth the money

a 6800GT performs on-par with it and has pixel shader 3.0

the thing about the x850 xt is that it doesn't have pixel shader 3.0, which makes it outdated then much cheaper cards such as the 6600/6800 GT

DO NOT get the X850XT. Get the 6800 GT thats much cheaper and outperforms it, plus has Pixel Shader 3.0. I can personally tell you that this generation of ATI cards suck, I bought an X800 Pro and have had trouble with it from day 1. Also, there is a guy on this forum who bought an X850XT (dhw200), and he is unhappy with it as well.

Pixel Shader 3 is what PC graphics is all about these days, even ATI's own HL2 is going to require Pixel Shader 3 in the near future. If you get an X850XT, you will be kicking yourself in the head when you realize how much you've been ripped off, and you load games to see settings such as "HDR, Hi-res water, Parallax mapping, Specular lighting," and more all blackened out.

The only way to go these days is the GeForce 6800 Series. Don't walk from ATI, RUN FROM THEM!

ive never really payed attention to all the different companies that make the 6800. what company makes the best one? the evga one?

oh yeah, everytime i get a response i get an email. can i turn that off? thnx for everything

1.) yes, eVGA is probably the best
2.) uhh..i think you can turn that off in the user CP or something

depends, if you have a very good 350w (i.e. seasonic), it'll work

what's your system's specs right now

amd 3200
512mb kingston hyperx pc3200 ram
asus k8n, came w/ my processor
radeon 9200:laughing:
th epower supply is th eone that came w/ the case
oh yeah,WD 40gb raptor

if i get this gpu ill be getting an asus a8n, amd 3500, and maybe the asus vento 3600 case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom