Computer Crashes after start up and during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

firepyro515

Solid State Member
Ever since i got my new PSU and changed my omputer case, my comp has been crashing and restarting. This normally happens after start-up, during games or when i try to run Source. I really don't know whats causing this cause i can't really measure my northbridge temp, my harddrive is at 76F , CPU idles at 100F and my mobo can support my ram. So i am confussed now casue i am running out of ideas!

Athlon XP 2800+ Barton w/ Thermaltake Volcano 12
MSI K7N2 Delta-L
1 Gig (2X512) PDP DDR400 Ram
WDC 40GIG ATA 133
WDC 120GIG ATA 133
EVGA 6800GT
Samsung Combo Drive
A butt load of fans, (5x80mm) 1x120
2x12' Blue CCFL

www.memtest.org I believe is the web address for memtest86+ if not google that name "memtest86+" and it should be the first link.......put that on a bootable CD or floppy and make sure the CD or floppy drive is first in the boot sequence...this program boots before windows and tests your RAM.....if it shows errors (let it run for atleast a couple hours by the way)...anywho if it shows errors then your RAM is fault and causing the problem.

Also use a program like motherboard monitor 5 to check your voltages....

Your +12v , +5v, and +3.3v rails should be right around those values...if your +12v is hitting like 11.5 or below that's a problem...if your +5v is hitting like 4.8 and below thats a problem...if the 3.3 is hitting like 3.15 and below that's a problem, which all of those suggest the PSU is crapping out or was simply a dud from the get go and you should get it replaced. Good luck, let me know what happens.

Good RAM BTW, i got the same brand, XBL series :D.........same graphics card as well :)

Thanks for the feedback, i'm gonna try the mem test, and check the mobo voltages. The real thing thats buggin me is that this is a new PSU for the new case that i bought. Its a thermaltake silent purepower 480W, which should be enough.

yeah good PSU's.....they are generally dead on, my thermaltake 560w is at all times.....so it's either RAM or the PSU just happened to be crap out the gate which it's not a big deal to RMA it.

I found the problem, when i was transfering to the new case, i wasn't really looking at airflow, and i ended up trapping alot of hot air in between my 6800gt and the botton of my case, this made my card hot which shut off my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom