4gb hardrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdialtone

Beta member
I have this old computer that I want to restore.
Specs:
Windows 98
4gb Harddrive
64mb of ram
Creative SoundBlaster AudioPCI 64D

I need the computer to handle these programs:
Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Imageready

Should I buy more RAM first, then buy a new hardrive? What order should I buy the mods?

You need more RAM, a better HD, and probably a faster CPU.......

but if you cant do all of that, your gonna need RAM first and a HD later.

TigerDirect is a little on the expensive side. ZZF and Newegg are your best bets. Why do you want to upgrade that? It would probably be the same price to get a cheaply made system that is a wee bit on the powerful side. Possibly one of those premade systems on ZZF or Newegg.

That pc is going to have a really hard time with Imageready especially. Photoshop can be taxing but Imageready doubly so. You'll be sitting waiting for things to load for minutes.

Plus, RAM for that PC might be of the older types, which is twice as expensive as DDR.

Really might be better to go for a whole new system for your image editing. The refurbished computers on the suggested sites are cheap and I have had good luck with them.

I have a new model but thats the family computer. I want this computer for my room so I an do stuff in there. I did a search for the model (gateway g6-366) and it says the best memory for it would be SDRAM. Could I use any other kind (ie. ddr)?

No, a system that old wouldny support DDR. Not only is SDRAM the best, it is most likely the only ram you can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom