DFI LanParty Mobo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Alright so I got my LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR and my power supply has something that it can be monitored by the comp, well does anyone know what one to put it in for the mobo to monitor it? This is what the website says, "Monitors the speed of the CPU fan, Fan 2 and chipset fan" So should I just plug it into Fan 2 slot? In the booklet that came with the mobo it shows me that the CPU fan, chipset fan and Fan 2 all says "sense" and the fan's 4 and 5 say N.C. instead of sense. Anyone know if 2 will sense my power supply fan, its an Enermax EG701AX Noisetaker 600watt. Thanks!

-Ryan

This board requres a lot of power, a 4-pin, a normal board power, HDD-type and an FDD-type. I've never seen an FDD type?

-Ryan

So you are rewiring your PSU fan and plugging it into the 3 pin motherboard connector if I understand correctly? I don't really see the point to that as you'll void your PSU warranty and have excess wires hanging everywhere.

The only two which are required are the 24 pin ATX 12v and the 4 pin ATX 12v. If you have a spare 4 pin molex connector I'd recommend plugging it in just so your parts have supplemental power, but that's really only there to feed more power to overclocking enthusiats who are pumping a lot of voltage. The FDD is again unneccesary unless you are running SLI, but again, for stability if you're not using the FDD molex for anything else it will not hurt.

No im not rewiring it, it comes with one to plug into the mobo so the mobo can monitor the fan speed of the PSU. Also I am runnings SLI, thanks for the info.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom