Antec aria Heat problems!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockermonki

Solid State Member
I have an antec aria case. Its a great case but heat is a real problem. My cpu gets up to 140 F (60C). I think this is a little hot for a p4 northwood. I dont know what to do. the case looks really bad if i take off the covers. I dont knw how to mod but could u give me ideas to get the heat out of the case. Iam will to mod.

Compaq presario s5400nx
P4 2.66/HT @ 3.0Ghz
1GB ram
6600GT 128mb
120gb Hardrive
Win xp
300 Wat Psu

THAT IS WAAAAAYYYY HOT! First of all, get rid of your OC. That is most likely your culprit. Are you using stock cooling? A 400MHz OC isnt anything to turn your nose up at, and you would need far more than stock cooling to help cool that.

AS for your case; A case is a case is a case is a case. But airflow in the case, thats something you need to do work on to get it working right. Intake fans in the front, exhaust fans in the rear. Organize your cable clutter, as they are apt to greatly reducing your airflow. Good airflow is key. How much heatsink compound did you apply? What kind did you use? You may have applied too much, and it is impeding thermal transfer more than it is helping it.

Dont cheap out on your compound, it is the life blood of your thermal transfer. I just spent $12 on a little tiny tube of Arctic Silver 5, because I know I need it.

The max temp for your CPU is 70-75C, so you are not very far from that. Which Zalman do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom