Huge Bottleneck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
There is a huge bottleneck in my system... Right now I have one stick of PC3200 RAM. I have an AMD Athlon 64 2800+...socket 754. I was told that that socket wont be able to run 1*1 optimization unless I run dual channel of some high quality pc3200.. is that true because right now my FSB:DRAM is CPU/9 which is bad. Any ideas ?

.........where the hell did you get this kind of info?

All AMD64's run at 200HTT which = PC3200 speeds.........PC3200 in an AMD64 is a 1:1 ratio automatically.....dual channel isn't even possible for you since you have socket 754.

If your RAM frequency says 200MHz and your FSB on the CPU tab in CPU-Z says 200MHz then it's 1:1 regardless of CPU-Z saying otherwise because I've seen it misread that on many occasions with the AMD64s.

High quality RAM is only needed if you're overclocking the RAM

no, the moron is whoever told you or wrote up the information you got.......if you don't know something, and you go by what you read then it's not your fault.

Well ok, here is another question. I have Windows XP Pro. The reason my system seems laggy sometimes is because explorer.exe shoots way up to like around 90,000K and that puts CPU usage at 100% ! :(

is it a fresh install in which you know theres absolutely no spyware and/or virii?

Its a fresh install, but I think I got a bad copy because its my friend. I will just have to reformat using my friends Corporate Edition CD. Which I know is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom