is there a superior hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow so ur probably the man to talk to about the cards.
alright i think ill call about that, thx bud.

is that basically all u work with? the sound and video cards?

All i really do all day is build dual xeons *cringe* and dual opterons..

We're a system builder and dont really deal with any parts selling (as there isnt much of a market for it with places like newegg around). I'm the tech room supervisor .. The guys that have to do the bulk of the research are the sales guys.. I read a lot of their reports and do my own gaming and overclocking tests and report them to the owner.

Pro audio and pro video really have nothing in common with your standard PC components.. The pro audio gear is usually 200-5000$ for a base level audio card and they dont make good sound cards for games. The only pro level audio card i might recommend is the m-audio firewire 410. Most video rendering is done with CPU power with the exception of pinnacle liquid 6 which uses gpus for rendering..

There are a number of people on this forum who know what they're doing.. If someone says something incorrect theres a good chance that someone else will catch it and correct the mistake. So you're better off asking about parts/problems here.

edit:

http://www.adkproaudio.com/clients.cfm

i built 75% of the systems in that list.

ahh ic what u mean.
alright ill ask around this place about radeon vs nvidia and creative vs audio rev.

im goin to bed. thx a bunch man.
ill be posting 2morrow.
night.

abit an8 --> dfi lanparty

corsair XMS --> twinmos

creative sound --> none (the lanparty comes with audio) or m-audio

x800xl --> 6800gt

heyy diablo!!
this is one of the men that help me peice this rig together.
remember me from like 2 months ago??
well i was short on the money and ive been working the whole time and i took like 2 weeks to choose a case but here i am ready to finally make this thing into a reality.
thx for all the help in the past.

u think there r still a few alterations to consider?
good thing, i was just about to order everything.

and desiboi,
do i need contacts or does it say $1390.00 for a hard drive?

dude the dfi mobo is for an intel.
do u really think i shouldnt just stick with a genuine amd rig if im going with an amd cpu and all?

the ram does look good too. i dont know much about it but its under $100 for what looks like the same specs :). what do u guys think?

and i have a surround sound system in my room and i am getting mega big hard drives for a shiiit load of music. so im very enthusiastic about having the best sound quality i can get outa the rig.

and i remember every1 went on for like 2 days about whether to go with x800xl or 6800gt and after awhile we just decided that x800 is the best deal for this rig. i cant remember all the exact specs that favored the x800xl but i think it was declared the victor.

if any1 wants to see the old ass post search "dream machine" and click on c4sTr0's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom