Looking for a good motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter861

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new motherboard that can support a higher speed processor. I'd like to upgrade from my 1.6ghz to somewhere around 2.6ghz. Currently I need a motherboard that can take three sticks of DDR RAM, an AGP video card, and of course some PCI slots as well. I'm hoping to stay in the $100 range. Please help me, as I have no idea about motherboards and which ones are good vs. what's bad. Thanks!

right now I'm not really sure which cpu to use. Probably gonna go with pentium 4. The socket doesn't really bother me as I'll just look for a cpu that matches the motherboard.

what games? tell me few games you're going to play

btw, if you're going to game, AMD is better and much cheaper

well, I'm not sure what games I'm going to be running besides Star Wars: Galaxies (I don't care what anyone says it should do, my computer does not run this game for hell right now) When I said lots of games, I just meant that I don't want to have to replace the processor any time soon since I think it is the only thing holding me back right now. And thanks for the tip on AMDs.

Just get an AMD. It's cheaper and faster than Intel. You probably like Intel because you might have been brain washed by their commercials.

if you want a processor that will last you a long time, then i suggest you go with an AMD64 socket 939 processor, a 3000+ or 3200+

btw, what are the specs of your computer RIGHT NOW.

Right now I've got:

768mb DDR 333 Kingston Ram
Radeon 9600 video card
Athlon XP 2100+
80GB Western Digital HD
MSI KT3 Ultra Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom