Zone alarm vs sp2 firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardware firewalls are the way to go I agree, but the question was between SP2's firewall and ZA's so I thought going into a discussion on hardware firewalls would be irrelevant. *shrugs

Its tried and here is my result (with windows firewall is a respective program wants to connect you to a game server or somthing that you need it will popup on your face "NIAH a criminal" but when a true malware connects it just goes silent..... i tried it too ..zone alarm is far better) ....SkiHi about saying you are a hacker try finding another word to discribe what you are cos this word is not popular

Windows firewall does block incoming things, actually, it blocks a lot. Just, another third party program, such as ZA, works better, becasue it was made by more competant programmers.

-SkyHi

i agree, also some protection is better than none. however id like to add that defragging your computer and emptying your prefetch may make z/a load faster.

I dropped ZoneAlarm too because it takes too long to load. It also makes my computer take much longer to shut down. I have been using the combination of a hardware firewall in my router, Spybot S&D, and Windows SP2 firewall and haven't had a problem.

bigstanklo said:
I use ZoneAlarm and really like it. Definetly better than SP2's firewall which let a virus through to my friends PC. I'd re-download Zonealarm and try it again.

FPMSL

How in the smeg is a firewall going to protect you from a virus. 98% of viruses come through email and was most likely opened by your so called friend.

Surely his/hers shoddy anti virus was the problem here, not the firewall.

Some people really make me laugh...

Skuzzle said:
FPMSL

How in the smeg is a firewall going to protect you from a virus. 98% of viruses come through email and was most likely opened by your so called friend.

Surely his/hers shoddy anti virus was the problem here, not the firewall.

Some people really make me laugh...

Remember the Sassar Net Worm? It's worm viruses like those that can be stopped by a firewall, because they copy themselves through open ports. Those that had a firewall were unaffected by the rapid spread of Sassar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom