Right click crashes Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo! I uninstalled StuffIt, and now it works!

SkyHi, if you have a fix for it I'd still like it, so I could have StuffIt and still be able to right click.

And on a side note, why do AV programs slow down computers so much? With each additional AV program I put on, it gets slower, and when I took them all off, it wasn't slow anymore. Same thing with my parents' computer.

AV programs usually run scans in the background, and sometimes randomly stop applications to scan a file they are using (happened to me in BF1942 on my 1.2Ghz laptop.. not pretty :) ). Just disable all things saying "real-time protection" or "auto protect" or things like that, and things should run a bit mroe smoothly. Just be careful what you do without those features, and run manula scans often. And never disable your firewall.

As for Stuffit, try winrar instead. I love it.

I do use WinRAR, love it. The reason I got StuffIt is because WinRAR can't unzip .sit files, and I had some Photoshop brushes that I got which came zipped in a .sit.

I had about five AV programs lol. Now, I think I'll just stick with ewido.

maybe your system is too slow, or you may have to disable the "fade" effect while right-clicking. After all, fade effects require more memory than scrolling effects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom