Processor Thermal Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I know in the sticky for OCing basics in this section, there is a list of all the thermal specifications for all processors. It seems that every processor EVER is there! Except for mine, what the crap is what?!

Pentium 4 Prescott
1MB L2 Cache
533 FSB

Could someone tell me the thermal specs on it? I cannot find them.

Thanks

Him,
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I've been wondering something very similar to this. In the same table you are speaking of that does not list your processor it tells maximum processor temps. I've searched high and low (even on AMD's site) and can't find what "operating" temp (under a load) a person should shoot for. Everyone knows that any OCing will reduce the life of the product, but I wonder if there is a middle ground where the reduction in life is minimal?

Sorry if I hijacked your thread, Him.

You probably already checked, but did you google for
"Pentium 4 thermal specs" ?

I'm pretty sure you can select the thermal shut off point (I remember looking at mine, thinking that it is quite high at 85*C). What is default, as that is what it would be.

I couldn't find it on Google.

gospel: The operating temperature is dependant on the cooling that you have. You don't really want it going over 60*C, with lower than 50 being alot better. It is also dependant on your processor.

No HiJack, no worries. ;)

When you are OCing, you want to find the thermal specification and just go by instinct to what you think it would be. I want to know it because I am going to build a phase change system, and I need to know (approximately) what the heat load will be so I can adjust it accordingly.

I'm running 44C idle and 49C under a full load. This is with a stock AMD heatsink and fan. I have an after market (masscool) heatsink and fan that I haven't installed yet. I haven't installed it because the heatsink on the stock one is actually larger than the masscool one. I forgot, my processor is a XP 2800+ Barton.

Him,
Did you check Overclockers.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom