Sound Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I am a CS gamer, and in my next computer i am buying a DFI Lanparty UT nF4, i use headphones and i don't plan on buying a surround system. should i get a new sound card or use the stock in the mobo.

The one that is onboard is pretty good already. Unless you are setting up a fancy surround sound system, with really high-end speakers (and you arent) I wouldnt bother with an additional sound card.

Defiantly get a sound card

It wotn hurt your ears like intergrated, saves CPU cycles and system rescources :)

I really like my Audigy 2 but I didn't notice a huge increase in quality, only that u could crank up the volume louder and it supports EAX which I guess is pretty sweet. Overall, I would recomend a soundcard.

Onboard sounds is pretty good. If you are not satisfoed, get a Turtle Beach. They are cheaper and have much better quality than Creative.

Dont get a turtle beach or a soundblaster.. I wouldn't call turtle beach a pro sound card.. get an m-audio revolution 7.1 (cost is equal to the audigy2, but it sounds better)

Creative sucks because of their past false advertisements, and how they continually do so.. Which is why so many people get confused and say creative is good.

ooo but i mean i'm not going for a 7.1 system, i'm just going to use my headphones beacuse i do not want to blow 100+dollars on a system i probably wont use very often

then just use the ac97 onboard.. It's not like the sounds in counterstrike are all that high of a quality to begin with.. Btw your onboard should have 5.1 at least if not 7.1.. It's just the capability it doesnt mean you have a system. When you're looking for a higher quality sound system surround sound is going to come with it by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom