My Dell Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geniusdude

Baseband Member
I haven't posted in a while on these forums. But I guess now is a better time than never.

I have a laptop, an Inspiron 600m. I have had it for about a year and a half. It's specs are:

1.3 GHz Pentium W/ Centrino
256 MBs of RAM
30 GB HD.

Lately, like in the past 3-4 weeks the laptop has been heating up tons. The performance is still pretty good. Only normal wear-n-tear type thing, like any other computer. After I do my bi annual format, and reinstlal everything is good again. But that doesn't explain the heat that's its giving off.

Basically when I rest my hand on the left hand side, its burning.. literally to the point to where sometimes it gets so hot that I can't put my wrist on there anymore. As well as TONS of heating underneath, and even the keys get hot, and kinda burn my fingers when I type at times.

I don't have my computer on for extreme amounts of time, of course not, its a laptop. It would be like torture for a computer like this with not enough ventilation. it just gets this hot after a little bit.

What do you all think it may be, and what do you think I should do to cool it down.

FYI: I am a college student with little to no money at all. Something cheap and inexpensive way of fixing it would be gratefully appreciated.

Yeah, I did. That was my initial idea. I have worked with computers since I was 11 on a technical level. That's usually something I would have thought. I bought some more presurized air, and sprayed inside, to get the dust out, and it still didn't do anything.

I usually get the dust out every 4-6 months. I take good care of my computers, and keep them well maintained. It's just that this is the first time that I had ever seen this type of thing with a laptop.

My old 533mhz laptop had a heat problem, but getting the dust out helped. But it is still hot, I bought one of those laptop heat dissapaters with the fans and it works great.

That's cool. Would you know how much something like that would go for? I am on a budget, but I really do need something to help.

What's the point of having a lappy if you need a cooler

I betya it's dust buildup deep inside, and if your around smokers the dust will stick to the smoke which sticks to the heatsink

Some of the things that come from clubs need a scraper basicly to get the dust off :)

Nah, I am not a smoker or hang around anyone that is... I tend to keep to myself most times. I am guessing its just overheating. I will buy that fan thing. I have checked out a few others, I am just weighing my options and price ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom