Protecting from Condensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
condensation is an overclockers worst enemy. It can ruin tons of hours of work, and even more money. Taking precautions against it is something everyone needs to do if you are using a substantial method of cooling. I have been racking my brain as to how I could possibly protect from condensation, and then I found this article. It is EXTREMELY in depth, possibly the most in depth article I have ever read. It tells you how to insulate EVERYTHING from corrosion. Down to the last mosfet.

http://wwww.vr-zone.com/?i=230

Great reading for everyone, overclocker or not.

You're welcome... Jerk

If you have a supercooled computer, condensation will start to form anywhere. That goes for people with phase cooling systems. If it does not apply to you, DONT READ IT! If it does, them I'm glad I could have helped

Uzi, when I throw a dog a bone I dont expect to know how it tasted.

That dude has some long fingernails :D.

Nah, but it's a nice guide. Real informative like.

uzi9mm said:
First off, It was pointless because really nobody has "extreme" cooling methods here. And water is not an extreme cooling method.

Its kinda like me giving everyone here a manual on how to setup a high end UPS system for a 4U Rackmount system. Guess what!? No one has a high end UPS system.

Also your just one of those people who have a high post count because you post garbage. I remember like 5-6 times I have answered someones post and you reply back after me with the same answer................. Try to be original................

way to be a representative for eneryone in this forum. I'm sure you know what everyone has in their rig.

And I am the only one who has ever done that? Jeez, you ever check the post times? People are often in the middle of typing their's, and someone else posts the same thing ebfore them. Or vice versa. Or you may have simply left something out, and i was reiterating what you said and adding a little bit. Grow up kid, it's a forum. We're here to help people, not to knock other people down a few pegs for posting something that you find useless.

And I can as well remember several times where I have posted something and YOU posted the same thing right after me! It happens, everyone does it.

Why did you bother attacking me on the basis of my high post count? I have a high one because I'm here all day. Now if you are going to stick to the original argument about how useless my information was, do it. But dont start clogging up the thread with your juvinille whining about how I always post stuff that you already posted right before me. Grow up, get over yourself, and lay off me. I did nothing to you, I'm offering advice for people who want it. If you dont want it, dont take it. Simple as that.

Did you not reazd the article? Do you even know what it is about? Kid, what the hell. At the beggining he said he was using crap parts for the purpose of the article.

Note: Some pictures feature a pretty mutilated board that is used just for demo pictures. So do not be bothered by this...

Apparently you were bothered by this.

uzi9mm said:
I can understand 2-10 minutes, but not 3 hours.................

But come on....... The article you posted is not something that people are going to go out and do. Like I am going to cover my CPU in grease.
And cover my motherboard in tape/grease.

Well, some people will. I am going to. When someone does that, it is so condensation does not form and they dont fry their parts. YOU are not going to do it because YOU are not going to build a phase change system, therefore YOU do not need to protect from condensation.

But come on.....

lol, weird, seems like Him is fighting with himself

But yeah in all honesty it is pretty pointless here.......people with zalman air solutions are pretty thinking "yeah aright I got great cooling!" which for air it is.....there's only a couple people here who even have water cooling and no one has even chilled water or TEC cooling which would require condensation protection.

Basically it doesn't really apply to anyone here unless they simply like reading about condensation protection even though they'll wind up never using the outline provided

Nubius said:
lol, weird, seems like Him is fighting with himself

But yeah in all honesty it is pretty pointless here.......people with zalman air solutions are pretty thinking "yeah aright I got great cooling!" which for air it is.....there's only a couple people here who even have water cooling and no one has even chilled water or TEC cooling which would require condensation protection.

Basically it doesn't really apply to anyone here unless they simply like reading about condensation protection even though they'll wind up never using the outline provided

I said the same thing, but HIM bites peoples heads off if he does not hear what he wants to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom