k, what when wrong on yalls first builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BIOS was fubar'ed on my Asus mobo, it would only boot once than it needed to have the CMOS cleared

Manual? You use a manual? haha... just kidding... I built computers for my teacher during the year and I just didn't realize how different brand new up to date ones could be, so I figured "manual schmanual"... but lesson learned:)

lol, the first time i read the manual was with my latest build, and that was for the front usb, because ive never had to do it before, i didnt know what order the leads went on the headers :) the only problem i had with this setup is that i put my ram in slot 1 and 3, turns out that the motherboard doesnt like 1 and 3, so i had to change to 1 and 2, so it was no biggie ;)

MSI k7t turbo 2

:D

i love that board, it was my first motherboard :) those were the days... that comp with my duron 800 never had ANY issues in its 4 year life... what a beast...

I've only just started modding mine so haven't had any disasters yet, but heres hoping I have none!!

LOL! :D

Premier2k

My first build went very smooth, switched it on POST straight away, installed windows and it was all o.k., shut down windows and got a screen "It is now safe to switch off your computer":eek: Hang on don't i have an ATX form mobo and case.

It took me 9 months to figure out the problem, windows was installing and loading my machine as a "MPS uniprocessor pc" so all i had to do was manually force HAL in windows setup and everything went great.

I tell ya it was a long 9 months to wait though.

Drworm2005.

On my first build i didn't set the FSB/ multiplier correctly. I was running along with my FSB at 100 MHzand the multiplier at 10. It should have been at 166 x 11 for my Barton 2500+. I was such a rookie!

Other than that, my first build was very sucessful. :)

I dodn't know where to put the power, LED, etc. connector on. It took me two hours to figure it out, then I found the manual!

I'll let you know what mine is tomorrow when I put mine all together, hopefully none. *knock on wood*

-Ryan

I made a bit of a mess during my build. My case is el cheapo, and I cut my arms in various places and there was quite a lot of blood involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom