CPU says it will not start - what do i do now?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunandoghosh

Baseband Member
CPU says it will not start - what do i do now?????

urgent help needed...

Hi people,

I am stuck with a probelm...

Here is how the problem goes...

I have two PCs (not connected) at home both on windows xp...

My PC ONE had originally RAM of 256 MB
My PC TWO had originally RAM of 128 MB

Yesterday I purchased RAM of 512 MB...and I inserted into the slot in PC ONE and took out 256 MB of RAM from PC ONE.

Then I put the RAM of 256 MB taken out of PC ONE into PC TWO (which already had RAM of 128 MB)...

Now PC One is functioning alright BUT PC TWO IS NOT BOOTING/STARTING????????????????????

I took out additional 256 RAM from PC two but even then its not starting...

The monitor of PC two is alright as i can use pc two monitor with cpu of pc one...which to me means that pc two monitor is ok...

the problem is somewhere in pc two CPU...???????????///

Can anyone help...i have openend the cpu box and tried everything....any help would be greatly appreciated...

ANy suggestions, comments, opinions, help would be more than welcome...

thanks in advance...

regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

On PC2, you say it isnt starting...Like when you press the power button no lights come on or fans start spinning? Be a little more descriptive.

Try taking the vid card out of PC1 and putting it in PC2. Doing this will isolate the vid card as being the problem (or not being the problem).

Do you have any spare vid cards around to be able to put in PC2? This is going to be the easiest way to determine if the video card that is in PC2 is dead.

Also, just to clarify, does PC2 have an onboard video card, or just PC1, or both?

And all you did was add RAM?

Check your RAM. Verify that it is the correct type. If so, verify that one of the chips hasn't gone bad (ie - stick in only one chip at a time, or put in only 1 of the old chips).

ShoobieRat said:
And all you did was add RAM?

Check your RAM. Verify that it is the correct type. If so, verify that one of the chips hasn't gone bad (ie - stick in only one chip at a time, or put in only 1 of the old chips).

I would have said the same, but:
I took out additional 256 RAM from PC two but even then its not starting...

Unless maybe the 128MB that was in there to begin with is causing problems now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom