DVD Burner--- Brand & Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRapture

Beta member
Hey all,
Looking to buy a DVD Burner to "Back-up" DVD Movies.

I was planning on using DVD X-Copy software (unless there is something better that you all suggest?).

Question is, what Brand and Type of Burner should I be looking at for this?

Example: a Sony DVD + R or maybe a DVD+- R?

I'm not sure what the + and the - stand for.

Thanks all!

i would definetly get a dual burner a +/- drive. I have several people at work who have diff models. Most have the sony dru500 or the nec 1300a. The concensus is that the NEC is better of the two. And alot cheaper. The NEC is the #1 gift on my xmas list. I will be getting one. Even though it is the cheapest dual format that i have seen , the people i know with it are pleased. Also for backing up your purchased cds i reckomend DVD decrypter or shrink dvd. X-copy seems to have some problems.

Well
theres a good one, LG 4x multirecorder its -/+

its going at a good price, around 175 CAD.

but if u wanted a 8x, theres plextor, another top of the line name brand
but thats expensive, over 350

personally id go with the lg, theres tons of great reviews on it

pioneer is good also. sony dvd burners have a lot of serious problems with them, i would definately not recommend them.

just remember to buy the right kind of media for you burner. here's an explanation of the formats: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvd

damn, after reading that.... will there be any NEW formats comming out or becomeing "Standerd" any time soon?

Also, what about the PS2 and X-Box DVD's? I'm pretty sure those are 9Gig DVD's... will they be coming out with those DVD-R's anytime soon, and will these DVD Burners (out now) be able to burn on-to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom