About to Overclock......need advice and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems i have a little problem... When i turn on my computer it stops while it is booting and Says "Hardware Monitor found an error- press f1 to continue/del to open BIOS" This happens everytime i turn my computer on and when i do press f1 A crazy computer voice comes out of my speakers and says "booting from operating system"???????????????????? When i go into Bios and select hardware monitor- everything looks normal but Chassis Fan Speed says 1577 RPM and it's in highlighted in Red.??? Whats the deal??? Any suggestions?

Ok......so now my computer is not letting me into BIOS :( Instead when i turn it on this crazy sounding voice comes out of my speakers saying "booting from operating system". Then it goes right into windows without giving me the option of opening BIOS. Before this happened i turn the highlighted Chassis Fan Speed to ignore (thinking it's only fan speed how bad can it be?):( Anyways i'm lost on what to do.........any advice or info would be greatly appriecated. Thanks in advance

I dont know whats going on.......you need to get a goat....cut it's throat and offers it's sacrifice to the OC'ing gods at this point.

EDIT: Unplug the HD's, and make sure you've reset the cmos, that's all I can think of to do

But if you think the goat thing might work i'd be willing to try at this point,lol.:wooha: Thanks i'll give it a try......

Crazy little voice from your bios? Good god man!

(Turns to nubius) ::slap::
(Back to MADWAD) Get ahold of yourself man! :p ;)

The easiest way to reset your BIOS is to yank the battery for 30 seconds or so, and then put it back. It's not practical, some people would even tell you it is wrong. It's not wrong, but it is not the prefffered method of resetting your BIOS.

I dont think the goat is going to work. Sounds like you need a pure virgin...

No the easiest way is to use your CMOS jumpers........removing the battery is a very accepted way of doing it, but generally only after the jumpers dont work, and theres no one I've ever come across that's said it's wrong.

(Turns to nubius) ::slap::
......umm...........no

nope, only saw the movie once and it wasn't very good, beyond that was quite some time ago and I was half paying attention

i guess i reset the CHMOS jumpers and i can get into BIOS now, but while booting i still get that Crazy voice (it's a womans voice but screwed up,lol). I guess its something i have to live with,hey? Anyways i O.C a little more and here are tthe results.

CPU Clock 2808.46 MHz (original: 2400 MHz, overclock: 17%)

CPU FSB 156.03 MHz (original: 133 MHz, overclock: 17%)

So the best possible way to check your cpu temp is in Bios right? and a temp at idle around 40c would be good right now for the O.C i have done? I might try for 3.0 GHz,:) That would be really nice but is it realistic? Thanks

even a BIOS temp reading can be incorrect....and generally programs like motherboard monitor 5 read from the same diode the BIOS does so in most cases they should be the same.

OC to whatever you can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom