RAM suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
I have to get some new ram, coz this mobo is seeming to chew up any generic stuff i've put in it, asus p4p800edeluxe btw.

So I need some good quality ram... 2x512 kit would be preferred coz i'm sick of spending money on computers and this is hopefully the last upgrade I have to do..

I have about 600bux I can use at the mo, but obviously I dont want to spend it all on RAM so any suggestions for some good quality, good priced RAM.. i'm not really an OC'er anymore so dont take the ocability into factor...

at the moment I'm basically looking at the pc3200 Corsair xms, or something, the silver/white one...

anyway yeah, suggest away :D

I saw some on ebay.. a 512 stick for 80bux lol.. Whats it like compared to other brands such as corsair/ocz etc?

The only place ive seen it is on ebay, i've never seen it in a shop.. =S

Theres also a few ?'s about the chips, which is the better one? AA4T or 1A4T?

oh yeah i got a hairctu too :0 !looks better now

WHAT THE FCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

$85????

omfg, ARGHHHHH I wanna kill myself so bad for getting my geil value ram

too bad fry's crappy sales person with an asshole attitude said "no, we have a 15day warranty"

me: well...can i still return it but have my refund deducted by a restocking fee

sales person:no... and goes on to repeat the same crap again

i contacted geil as well and they said the best they could do was give me a replacement of the same ram

BACK ON SUBJECT HERE:

AA4T - WINBOND UTT
1A4T- NEW WINBOND BH-5

dunno which is better though, gotta ask nubius or someone

I believe the AA4Ts are supposed to be the winbond chips. Which are good OC'ers but you said you didn't care about that....also they are good brand RAM but they are sort of the 'diamon in the rough' because they are very cheap, not that known to noobs, but it is known to a lot of old time overclockers for good quality OC'ing RAM.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

Thats a listing people at XS have put together...the TwinMOS that the ones I linked are these :

Twinmos/Winbond DDR400 (2,5-3-3-6) --chip--> Could be Winbond BH-5, CH-5, look at the chips

1A4T is probably the CH-5s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom