Question about dynamic drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traudong

In Runtime
Floppy disk is my nightmare. Any floppy disk I buy is broken down after a week or less and I can't use it to copy data because its storage is too small. So I want to buy a dynamic drive but I don't know what I should buy (flash drive, zip ...). Anyone, any suggestion, please :bald:.

I would buy one of those USB flash pen drives, they are about the size of a pack of chewing gum, come in sizes of 32, 64, 128, 256, 512 and 1Gb+ sizes and everyone has a USB slot for you to plug into (if you are transferring data PC to PC) and only Win 98 requires driver disk. And they are cheap.

I got a 128 one and its so good for transferring anything, for me they are the new floppy drives.

:)

I would also go with the pen drive they are small, reliable, and can hold way more than floppy disk could they also can be used with muliple computers easily. zip drives i believe soon like floppys, LPT ports, and game ports will become "old" technology and stop being used. usb i dont think is going anywhere for a while!

Another idea would be to get a SD or compact flash with some sort of reader. I have a 256 mb SD card that fits my phone and my camera. It also comes with a carrier that makes it act like a usb pen drive. Very handy to have around.

I love my 512 meg flash drive, so much easier than a floppy and reasonably priced. Id say flash drive all the way.

All of you said about flash drive (or pen drive). It's very popular, isn't it? So I'll buy a flash drive, perhap 64 or 128. Thank you very much :) .

One more question: I've asked some friends and they said there were the USB drives which can play mp3 and its price is near twice.
And my question is if I buy the USB drive which can play mp3, must I buy st plus to play it? (One of my favourites is listening to music :eek:)

There are mp3 players which have memory in them that can be used for data. They usually have USB connectors and they usually come in 128mb size. I beleive you do not need anything else to use them, just plug it in USB port like you would plug in a pen drive and drage files to it.

Never owned the mp3 thing but i think thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom