Pic of Running Dual GPU 6800Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This card is gonna be a beast, and it will destroy SLI once and for all. good riddance

lol senseless....the paragraph above explained your opinion better than before hand....made your perception more clear of why you don't like it.

i remember someone saying that soon its not going to be a graphics card, but a graphics box. this card has just made it closer to that point. that thing must be a monster.
Well I've said that quite a few times...that it's basically becoming it's own motherboard and they will need a seperate cooled box with a high speed interlink cable....and you'll be able to swap out GPU's because it'll have sockets like CPU's and add memory to it and such lol.

Anywho...back to what you were saying senseless (lol at blasphemy BTW).....SLI was pointless to begin with....it was like a quick diversion to produce quick high benchmark scores instead of focusing on a single card bomb-double-o-dizzle solution...

also I don't think it was Nvidia who went out of their way to make the dual GPU, as of right now it's purely ASUS....there is no nvidia reference design board for this I don't think, so I think this is ASUS's own doing....

Also I do remember hearing way back when that they MAY infact bring out SLI for those dual GPU kinds of cards, whether it's that exact one I don't know, but I know I remember reading an article about using 4 GPU's at once, but who knows....seems like it'd require some insane drivers and coding for games.....plus there'd need to be a lot more space between PCI-E slots......

Personally I've said this for a while now, but I'm a bigger advocate of a dual GPU solution than SLI....1 card is always easier to handle than two....chances of it being less buggy are appearant and a ridiculous amount of extra coding isn't needed to make it work.

2 dual GPU cards would set you up for life lol...........but yeah if they come out with SLI for it....I expect you to send me your current GT's :p

Ill send you my X850 XT if i get one :p

if its Asus, its guranteed to be crappy and buggy...

Nubius said:
lol senseless....the paragraph above explained your opinion better than before hand....made your perception more clear of why you don't like it.

Sorry, im used to being at work where i say something and everyone listens.. as opposed to actually having to explain myself indepth=p

If they did come out with an SLI version i'd switch over to liquid cooling.. Wouldnt have any problem fitting 2 in my case at that point.

edit:

oh, and asus sucks..

I wonder if they'll ever come out with SLI dual core dual gpu cards =D 8x gpus in 1 machine.. You could decode the human genome with that kind of power!

the tubing would be the beeootch part, but they do have slim versions of the maze4 specifically for SLI'd cards....but yeah ASUS does suck...give me an eVGA version and I'm sold

All I can say is OMG! That could eat me!!! Hopefully performance makes up for it's monstrous size :D

Im sorry for getting this simpsons quote wrong. but i believe a 1970s era professor frink said something like 'by the year 2000 computers will be 1000 times faster and 1000 times larger.' Looks like we're getting there.

WOAH!! That's HUGE! That probably won't fit in some cases, midtower etc. Man, that card is bigger than my motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom