case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xteam - no you dont....he's talking about a fish tank filled with nonconductive liquid.....not a case filled with water sealed away from the components like you guys somehow misinterpreted from his post.........read what he wants..

"A fish tank filled with nonconductive liquid" and the components dropped inside........uhhh as far as I'm aware fish tanks come sealed.

eh o, it wouldnt work then would it?, the liquid wouldnt mess up the cpu or anything?

i interpreted that he wanted the tank filled with water, and the components sealed off from it, my bad

Tyler - yes WATER would mess up components but look at what he said "nonconductive fluid" if you were aware of this then yes there are liquids out there that you can submerge electronics in that do not conduct electricty.

just look at this link the dude above posted:

http://www.markusleonhardt.de/en/oelbilder.html

Like I said, one such liquid is called HFE Hydrofluoride ether or something like that, $200 a gallon

The Peltiers are cooled by a handmade ~17 lb pure copper heatsink.
lol, 17lb heatsink......whole case weighs 95lbs haha, no wonder he went with a nice aluminum lian-li case, still heavy as hell :p

but yeah that's one of many nonconductive fluids out there, although that's probably the best execution I've seen

gahhhaghahghhah.... ::wipes drool from mouth::
holy shizzly.
calling my dad up tomorrow. former chemical engineer. :p
must.... douse.... in nonconductive fluid.... :)

OMFG $200 a gallon!!!!! btw nubious that was exactly what i was thinking of doing but with bright blue non conductive fluid and lights shining up from the bottom.

dam thats a bit out of my price range. having fish swimming around would be cool but i can't see any way to do it.

the idea of a side window with fish in it i've heard of before and that would be cool but my last fish tank was a disaster (they bread and bread and bread until they started getting too crammed and then they killed each other)

btw thnx a lot for the responses guys

well that's just one fluid....but that's among the best....you could always try the stuff danger den has....and no fish can't swim in that crap lol

well i don't think that i need the fish in the tank. can u give me a link to that danger den stuff? even the lowest quality stuff is fine as the most i can lose is a $20 comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom